Monday, October 29, 2007

Rumor Mill

One of the rumors being floated out there is that SWEPCO paid myself and other legislators to attend the various PSC hearings. That is so much tripe it probably doesn't deserve a comment---but, I'll comment anyway. First of all, I attended five sessions and each time it came out of my own pocket. I know it's hard for those spreading the rumors to believe that there are other people in this world as honorable and committed as they are, but that is probably the arrogant and elitist attitude we are dealing with. They want what they want and are willing to say or do anything it takes to ensure they get their way. I have made no bones about my support for this plant and my support has always taken into consideration what is best for all concerned. I am firmly convinced this will be a huge economic step forward for Southwest Arkansas, and the environmental impact will be negligible to all concerned. Those in opposition to the plant may yet quash this project, and the hopes it brings to our area. Let's hope not, and continue our support of the Turk Power Plant.

No comments: