Friday, January 25, 2008

Treacherous Traveling

As I lit out for Little Rock this morning I really had no idea how dangerous the roadways were. The trip from Hope to LR normally takes about an hour and thirty minutes, and thats driving the speed limit. Today's jaunt to the Capitol was a three and one half hour exercise in driving hell. The low temps and falling rain made for a deadly combination. Sadly there was one reported fatality just past Arkadelphia this morning; and coming home this evening, I saw another wreck close to Malvern that may have been just as bad. Cars were littered all over the sides of I-30 today, and why it never sinks in for every driver to slow down and pay full attention to what they're doing is beyond me. I'm sure most folks don't want to be on the highways in these conditions, but if you have to be there, extreme caution in this type of weather has to be the rule.

No comments: