Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday Doings

I had a nice visit with Congressman Mike Ross this morning in Prescott. He and wife, Holly, along with several staff members, hosted a community coffee at the Nevada County Library. I appreciate his willingness to always help me out and he has done so many times. I will be with him on Saturday morning as we attend a fund-raiser for the Yerger museum, and again on Monday, for a special announcement at UACCH. He is an extraordinarily busy man, but really keeps a finger on the pulse of the communities he serves.



It was a treat to have lunch at the Catholic church here in Hope today, as they hosted their 50th annual spaghetti luncheon and supper. My good friend, Mary Massanelli, is the matriarch of this fund-raiser and she was on hand today, serving up smiles and her homemade spaghetti recipe. Good food and great fellowship always makes this a go to event.



I did make my way to the polls this morning and as always, enjoyed my visit with the poll workers at the Rocky Mound Baptist church. The process had you take a blue card for a Democratic ballot, red for Republican and green for the Green party ticket. I chose the blue card but I noticed the people in front chose red in order to vote in the Republican primary. That's no big deal to me, but I know these same folks will vote in the Democratic primary come May. Here's the question and I don't think it can be answered for sure. Do those people that cross over simply want to vote for McCain, Romney or Huckabee, or do they just not want to vote for Clinton or Obama? I suspect there may be a fair number wanting to vote for Huckabee. Arkansans are notorious for separating their local and national politicians, but I'm curious to see how Southwest Arkansas Democrats ultimately go in the Presidential race.

No comments: